Tuesday, May 31, 2011

freeganism.

Have you heard of these people?

They sound nuts.

But also awesome. (You don't have to agree. But one time, my housemate came back with a beautiful baguette after dumpster diving behind Trader Joe's.)

They remind me of a plan my housemates and I once made to ditch school, run away to Canada and forage to sustain ourselves. It was the night a big storm took out the entire school's power. We were all gathered in the living room; we scarfed down the ice cream melting in our freezer, laughed, made aforementioned school-ditching plans, and complained about how scary the dim emergency lighting was. I was thinking how cool it was that the lack of technology had forced us to hang out.

Post graduation anyone?

Kidding. I'm still a capitalist. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment