Friday, February 11, 2011

the civil wars.

Do any of you old CCM listeners remember Joy Williams?

I lovvvved her. Her voice is silky and clear, and even though I've sort of transitioned out of listening to a lot of CCM I still really enjoy her songwriting.

Well, she sort of dropped off the face of the planet for a while there. But she's back! And I am OVERJOYED.

She and John Paul White have formed a new duo called The Civil Wars, and--I promise I'm not a groupie or something--they. rock. Crystal clear, folksy, passionate, Southern gorgeousness.


So, I'm linking you to both an interview in Relevant magazine, and the Barton Hollow official music video on Youtube.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Shut up. That cannot be her. I still have a signed picture from her on...well, my floor actually, cause it fell and I don't care enough to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same! Literally! I have a signed poster from her on my floor too!

    ReplyDelete